CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M.
DATE: July 09, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 6/25/2018
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Progress report on efforts to recover costs incurred for repairs at the Hub Recreation Center
Recognition of Rick Herring -Retiring with 37 years of service to City of Marion as of June 29, 2018.
1. Council approval to sell 1,177 shares of Prudential Financial Inc. stock – to reimburse co-mingled investment account.
2. Council approval of bid to purchase a new truck for Sewer Department/Mosquito abatement program. Half of the cost of the truck will be paid with funds from the Sewer Department and the other half will be paid through the loan funds from First Southern Bank for purchase of trucks from the various City Departments. The truck is a budgeted item.
3. Council approval to accept Grant from Julia Harrison-Bruce Foundation in the amount of $42,073.35. Grant funds to be used to purchase the following:
Inflatable Fire Education House ……………………$11,295.00
Modeltech Home Hazard Simulator…………………$22,290.00
QuantFit Respirator Testing System…………………$ 8,488.35
Total Requested Grant………………………………..$42,073.35
4. Council approval of last phase of LED Lights (Incentive Program) to be installed in City’s Public Parking lots – Beginning total $11,400.00
Incentive $ 4,531.00-
Installation +$ 3060.00
The LED lights are a budgeted item.
Plus, a bonus from Ameren after work is completed.
5. Council approval of (Emergency) Storm Sewer lining work -Drury Inn – W. DeYoung.
Two bids were received.
Skuta Construction, Inc……….$123,761.00
Insituform………………………$124,427.00 + $1,000.00 for flagman.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
6. Council approval of Interim Full-Time Position Classification
Council approval of Ray Cagle as Interim Sports and Recreation Coordinator at current Sports and Recreation Coordinator hourly rate, in addition to current Basketball Instructor classification, to be effective July 28, 2018.
7. Council approval of Part-Time Employee Recommendation
Adam Perry – Security Officer $15.00/hour
Lucas Bailie – Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Dennon Gilliam – Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Elijah Killman – Tackle Football Staff $9.00/hour, Flag Football Staff $9.00/hour, Basketball Staff $9.00/hour
8. Council approval of Additional Job Classification
Larissa Bond – Tackle Football Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Flag Football Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Basketball Sports Staff $9.00/hour (Current Fitness Attendant)
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
9. Council approval to hire Ryan Melvin as a part-time custodian at Marion Cultural & Civic Center at $9.00 per hour.
MARION SENIOR CITIZENS
10. Council approval of recommendation from Marion Senior Council to appoint Cheryl Starns as a new Senior Council Member.
11. Ordinance 3456 – An Ordinance accepting and approving the Subdivision known as Marion Business Park, Phase I, Maribeth Whitsell, as Agent for the James Reichert Family Limited Partnership.
12. Council approval to authorize City Attorney to place Lien against Illinois Star Center Mall.
13. Council approval to purchase Colt League World Series baseball uniforms for Host team.
14. Ordinance 3457 – Ordinance setting forth Prevailing Wages for 2018
15. Council approval to create Part-time Janitoral position for Training Center.
16. Council approval of bids for resurfacing city streets.
17. Council approval of appointment of Patrolman Tom Stearns as Student Resource Officer.
18. Council approval to fill Patrolman position vacated by appointment of Patrolman Tom Stearns to Student Resource Officer.
19. Council approval to establish Downtown Planning Commission.