CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: August 27, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X PUBLIC HEARING 6:00 p.m.
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 8/13/2018 and Special Meeting 8/16/2018.
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Council approval of Hub Customer Service Coordinator Job Description.
B. Council approval or renewal of Master Services Agreement with Clearwave Communications for four (4) years.
1. Recognition of Gail Sanders – Retiring with 33 years of service to the City of Marion as of August 31, 2018.
2. Council approval of City Insurance (Earthquake)
3. Council approval of Joshua Wilcut as Laborer – Sewer Department per Laborers’ Contract Local Union 773 dated May 1, 2015 through April 30, 2019.
4. Council approval of Ex-mark lawn mower purchased from F.B. McAfoos & Company May 17, 2018 at a cost of $11,200.00 with a trade-in of a used Ex-mark lawn mower valued at $2,200.00 making the amount due $9,000.00 and Council approval to pay for Ex-mark mower.
5. Council approval to pay Sentinel Emergency Solutions for repairs to Ladder Fire Truck in the amount of $11,450.54. Swivel parts warranted for a period of 5 years.
6. Council approval to pay Ramsey Excavating for work on N. Market Street from First Southern Bank to ½ block short of Jackson St. consisting of sawing a trench, demo roadway and haul away – for decorative lights – N. Market. $9,978.00 Hub TIF funds
HUB RECREATION CENTER
7. Part-Time Employee Recommendation
Halli Bolin – Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Charles Michael Oyler – Security Officer $15.00/hour
Jennifer Suthard – Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour
8. Part-time Position Recommendation
Andrew Allen – Part-time Pool Manager $14.00/hour (per position description and within salary budget of aquatics department 1008)
9. Additional Job Classifications
Trevor Gunther – Lead Lifeguard $12.00/hour (current lifeguard, position replacement of recent separations)
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
10. Council acceptance/approval of resignation of Fernando Emmanuel Castillo from the full-time position of Lighting Designer.
11. Council approval of reappointment of Yolonde B. Peterson tp the Marion Cultural and Civic Center Board as Chairman.
MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
12. Council discussion/approval of new hire Cheri Williams as Library Assistant (shelver) at $9.00 per hour filling the position recently vacated by Alexis Wagner.
13. Council approval of Marion Carnegie Library accepting a Project Next Generation Grant through the Secretary of State and State Librarian, Jessie White. The Grant is for $19, 875.00 which will fund technology projects at the library after the funds are received.
BOYTON STREET COMMUNITY CENTER
14. Council approval of the re-appointment of Susan K. Selock and Dr. Keith B. Wilson each to a three (3) year term on the Boyton Street Community Center Board.
15. Council consideration/approval of new Boyton Street Community Center Board Member, Demitri Cosby-Lacy.
16. Council consideration/approval of new Boyton Street Community Center Board Member, Andrea R. Beverly.
17. Council approval of resignation, effective September 7, 2018 of Kathy Jones, Clerical aid at Marion Senior Citizens Center.
18. Council approval of 2019 Contract with Pony Baseball and Softball International.
Advance payment due $13,500.00.
19. Council approval of Donation of $5,000.00 (Budgeted item) to Knights of Columbus, Council 6210 to help fund their annual Knights of Columbus 4th of July Fireworks display.
20. Resolution 2018-18 A Resolution designating a Regional Film Commission.
21. Ordinance No. 3465 – An Ordinance Approving and Adopting an Extension to the Redevelopment Plan; Projects; Redevelopment Project Area; and Tax Increment Financing for Marion Tax Increment Financing District VIII.
22. Council approval of a TIF Inducement agreement for a new business.