AGENDA FOR 12 August 2019 Marion City Council Meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
1) Full-ti me Employee Recommendation – Existing Position
Shannon Chrostoski – Librarian I @ $11.00/hour, full-time, non-exempt with benefits.
1) Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Division of Water Pollution Control
Invoice for Annual NPDES Fee for the period July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
c. FIRE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve Evrard-Strang Pay Application #4 for $189,474.61 for Apparatus Bay Addition to
d. GREATER EGYPT REGIONAL PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
1) Approve Ordinance 3553 Adding territory to the Williamson County Enterprise
Zone City of Marion.
e. LIQUOR CODE
1) Approve Ordinance 3551 Amending Ordinance 3393 Section 7 Subsection B of the City’s Liquor Code to create a Class ll(b) license allowing a government body to sell beer and wine only for retail consumption on the premise of said government body.
f. HUMAN RESOURCES
1) Approve Ordinance 3550 Adopting a new employee handbook for City Employees.
1) Approve Ordinance 3552 approving and authorizing the execution of a professional services agreement for the establishment and administration of the Marion Residential Tax Increment Financing District I by and between the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois and Jacob & Klein, LTD. And The Economic Development Group, LTD.
h. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Part-time Employee Recommendation- Existing Position
Hillary Yates- Front Desk/Cafe Attendant @ $9.00/hour, part-time, no benefits. Jessica Jenkins- Front Desk/Cafe Attendant@ $9.00/hour, part-time, no benefits.
i. CIVIC CENTER
1) Part-time Employee Recommendation
Michelle Elliott- Custodial Staff@ $9.00/hour, part-time, no benefits. Andrew Parrish- Custodial Staff@ $9.00/hour, part-time, no benefits.
j. POLICE DEPARTMENT
1) Approve the recommendation from the Police & Fire Merit Board to modify the minimum requirements for new Police Officers from Associate’s Degree to High School Diploma.
2) Approve the purchase of a used 2016 Patrol Vehicle from the Missouri Highway Patrol for $26,450 using insurance funds from a totaled vehicle, police vehicle funds, and DUI funds.
k. ZONING BOARD
1) Approve Zoning Board recommendation of special use permit to Robin’s Nest.
I. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1) Approve Ordinance 3554 annexing a portion of parcel# 06-10-200-011 along Sioux Drive. Parcel boarders the Pavilion and the Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Council’s leased parcel.
5. OLD BUSINESS
a. SEWER DEPARTMENT
1) Discuss/Approve purchase of 25 horsepower ABS pump from Municipal Equipment
Company for $13,050.
6. NEW BUSINESS
a. GENERAL ITEMS
1) Discuss/Approve Ordinance 3549 Regulating the use of Cargo Shipping Containers
2) Discuss/Approve Professional Service Agreement with Azavar Government Solutions
b. TREASURER’S OFFICE
1) Discuss/Approve Questica Accounting and Budgeting software at a cost of $14,500 annually, plus an implementation cost of $10,000.
c. STREET DEPARTMENT
1) Discuss/Approve 11 new replacement conflict monitors for traffic signals at a cost of
$3,252.10 each, for a total of $35,773.10 out of the Gas Tax fund. IDOT will reimburse 50% of the cost leaving our cost at $17,886.55.
8. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
9. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT