CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: April 10, 2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X___ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 03/13/2017 and Special Meeting 03/25/2017
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
_____ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
____ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
A. Council discussion / approval of Morningside Phase 11 Subdivision.
B. Ordinance 3376 – An Ordinance pertaining to the impoundment of vehicles used in connection with illegal activities.
1. FIRE DEPARTMENT – Council approval of bid for repainting the Training Center, paid with funds from approved 911 RTC Grant
2. STREET DEPARTMENT – Council approval of bids for the construction of the PCC Sidewalks for the Downtown area consisting of approximately 25,000 square feet of 4” PCC sidewalk and miscellaneous items.
3. HUB RECREATION CENTER-
a) Council approval of the following new part-time employee:
Ashley Stevens – part-time swim instructor at $20.00 per hour.
b) Approve an additional job classification/pay for two current part-time employees:
Garrick Hale – Current Sports & Rec employee and intern as Camp counselor at $8.50 per hour.
Shoshanna Yoakum – current lifeguard and swim instructor as Camp Counselor at $8.50 per hour.
4. Ordinance 3377 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and W. Brian Ziegler (The Smoothie King Project). (Hub TIF)
5. Ordinance 3378 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Lin-Dan, LLC. (Hub TIF)
6. Approval of a MFT Engineering Agreement with Clarida and Ziegler Engineering for the South Market Street Project. The City of Marion already has an Engineering Agreement with Clarida and Ziegler Engineering for the South Market Street Project, but it needed to be on Illinois Department of Transportation Motor Fuel Tax Forms.