CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: March 26, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
__X__ ROLL CALL
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 03/12/2018
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
__ _ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
A.ORDINANCE 3429 – Council approval Amending Ordinance 2342 – adopting the International Building Code.
1 ORDINANCE 3437 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of an Economic Incentive Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Cabaness and Zimbro Inc.
2a Council approval of payment to Skuta Construction for installing the new bases for the pumps for the Halfway Rd. lift station at a cost of $7,250.00.
2b. Council approval to pay C and C Pumps & Supply, Inc. for rental and setting up a bypass pump to handle some recent large rain events.
3a. Resolution 2018-11 Stating the City of Council wishes to construct, occupy and maintain a 6” water main under IL 37, which by law comes under the jurisdiction and control of the Department of Transportation of the State of Illinois.
3b. Council approval of resignation of Dakota Wade from Water Department effective as of March 23, 2018.
3c. Council approval of hiring Jason Lence as a Laborer for the Water Department at the rate of pay per Laborer’s Local Union #773 Contract dated 2015-2019, for full-time employment effective as of March 27, 2018.
4. Council to discuss response letter from Illinois Public Risk Fund.
5a. Council approval to hire Zachery Smith as a Dispatcher for the Police Department at a pay rate per FOP Contract 2015-2019, for full-time employment.
5b. Council approval of hiring Nicholas Bowns as a part-time Dispatcher for the Police Department at a pay rate of $20.12 per hour.
6. Council Approval to appoint Dan Dunn to the Senior Citizens Board.
7a. Council approval of hiring Daniel Carstens as After-School Coordinator at Boyton Street Community Center at $18.00 per hour for full time employee.
7b. Council approval to re-appoint Dean Henderson, David Feth, and Ron Ferguson to three-year terms on the Boyton Street Community Center Board.
8. Council approval to move the Animal Control Department to be under the direction of Commissioner Hightower.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
9a. New Employee Recommendations – Part-time
Jordan Dwyer – fitness Attendant $9,00 per hour.
9b. Additional Job Classifications
Alek Jimenez – Part-time Volleyball Sports Staff – $8.50 per hour (current multiple job classifications)
Josh Bernstein – Part-time Maintenance $8.50 per hour (current part-time Fitness Attendant)
10a. Council approval of the appointment of Anthony Franks, Marion, IL, to the Zoning Board.
10b. Council approval of the appointment of Greg Johns, Marion, IL, to the Zoning Board.
10c. Council approval to donate the property located at 303 N. Garfield to Habitat for Humanity.
10d. Council approval of bids on City Properties that were advertised for sale to highest bidder.
11. ORDINANCE 3433 – Approving the annexing the property of Monte Blue and Jeanie Blue, an area of 4.1373 acres, Monte Blue and Jeanie Blue being the only electors residing within the described real estate.
12. ORDINANCE 3434 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and MK Plaza Corp. (Marion Hill View TIF)
13. ORDINANCE 3435 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and DSH Properties, LLC. (Hub TIF) Sheila Baysinger
14. ORDINANCE 3436 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a TIF District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Perfectly Posh Boutique, LLC. (Marion Hub TIF)
15. ORDINANCE 3438– An Ordinance approving the annexing of the property of Gary McGee, an area of 5.17 acres, no electors on such real estate.
16. ORDINANCE 3439 – An Ordinance rezoning the property of Gary McGee from R-A Rural Agriculture to R-1 Single Family Residential.