CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Tuesday 6:30 P.M. DATE: May 29, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X ZONING BOARD
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
1. Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation to Water Department employee Tyler Smith for his efforts in managing the City water supply during a critical time.
2. Presentation by Select Energy representing the Southern Illinois Electricity Consortium.
3. Council approval of purchase and installation of metal for ceiling in Water Plant Maintenance Building (budgeted item).
4. Council approval of Shawn Robinson to fill a vacancy in the Water Department as a laborer, a full-time position. Pay rate as stated on the Laborers’ Local Union 773 Collective Bargaining Agreement, 2015-2019.
5. Council approval of bids to purchase 2 SUV’s (budgeted item) and replace one totaled squad car with an SUV.
6. Ordinance 3449 – Ordinance approving Qualified Entry Level Police Officer Application for Employment.
7. Council approval to purchase a truck (budgeted item).
8. Council approval of bids for seal coating the following parking lots: Marion Carnegie Library, Pavilion, Police Department, Senior Citizens Center and Public Parking Lots.
9. Council approval of bids for spray foam solution on Building B3 (budgeted item).
MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
10. Council approval of Alexis Wagner to fill a vacancy in the Library as a part-time Library Assistant/Shelver at $9.00 per hour.
11. Council approval of Library furnishings and remodeling for Young Adult and Adult floors totaling $30,892.01 to be paid from Endowment & Memorial funds which will be transferred from Edward Jones to the City.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
12. New Employee Recommendations – Part-time Employee
Nicole Szidik – Lifeguard $9.50/hour, Tennis Instructor $15.00/hour
Isaac Shaw – Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Tyler Larson – Lifeguard $9.50/hour
13. Additional Job Classifications – Promotion to Lead Position
Zack Foulk – Lead Lifeguard $12.00/hour (current Lifeguard)
Brooklyn Hunsaker – Lead Lifeguard $12.00/hour (current Lifeguard)
14. Additional Job Classification
Molly Donahue – Childwatch $9.00/hour (current Front Desk and Café)
15. Purchase of Facilities Department budgeted item
Council approval to purchase 12×32 portable garage for on-site storage at Hub, not to exceed $6,185.
BOYTON STREET COMMUNITY CENTER
16. Council approval to accept the resignation of Ron Ferguson from the Boyton Street Community Center Board.
17. Council approval of Mayor’s appointment of Lisa Wilson as Chairman of Boyton Street Community Center Board to fill vacancy left by the resignation of Ron Ferguson.
18. Council approval of request for a variance on the density at 902 Vinewood Lane for the purpose of setting two (2) 5 – plexes for Lynn Thomas, LLC.
19. Council approval of request for rezoning property at 2480 Blue Heron Drive, Parcel ID#’s 06-11-378-004, 06-11-378-005, 06-11-378-006, 06-11-378-007 from C-1 General Commercial to C-2 Highway Commercial for Marion Heights, LLC.
20. Council approval of bids to demolish building at 1711 Morgan Avenue.
21. Council approval of bid to recover ceiling panels (budgeted item). Includes fabric and labor to cover.
22. Council discussion/approval of consolidation of City 911 and Emergency Management Departments.
2018 STREET RESURFACING PROGRAM
23. Council approval of Resolution 2018-15, resolution for resurfacing of City streets.
S. CARBON STREET/W. MAIN STREET INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT
24. Council approval of bids for S. Carbon/W. Main Intersection improvements