CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: October 22, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 10/8/2018 and Special Meeting 10/12/2018.
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Council approval of bids to install emergency Storm Sewer lining, cost up to $100,000.00. Budgeted item.
1. Council approval to apply for a $980,000.00 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) to purchase new ladder truck.
2. Council approval to purchase a 2018 Chevy Malibu Police Car from Marion Chevrolet.
Selling price of vehicle is $24,775.00; discount and rebate – $6,026.00 = adjusted price of $18,749.00 minus $8,500.00 for trade-in of 6 vehicles seized by the Narcotics Unit = $10,249.00 plus doc fees, license & title making the final cost $10,569.94, which is paid from the Drug Fund.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
*Salaries reflect readjustment in the budget for equity alignment in job responsibilities.
3. Full-Time Employee Recommendation*
Council approval to hire Melise Oakley as Fitness Coordinator as agreed at $40,000/year (exempt, salaried position) effective October 29, 2018.
4. Full-Time Employee Installation from Interim to Regular*
Council approval to hire Ray Cagle as Sports and Recreation Coordinator as agreed at $36,000/year (exempt, salaried position) effective October 23, 2018.
5. Full-Time Employee Pay Adjustment and Move to Exempt Salary*
Kelli Neushwander- Membership Coordinator at $40,000/year (exempt, salaried position)
Megan Wollard – Youth Development and Programming Coordinator $40,000/year (exempt, salaried position)
6. Part-Time Employee Recommendation
Council approval to hire the following new part-time employee:
Rachel Herring – Group Exerciase Instructor $15.00/hour, Personal Trainer
7. New Job Classifications
Sports and Recreation Manager $14.00/hour (1014, 1017, 1018)
Lifeguard Instructor $14.00/hour: Justification notes: No job class exists for this job duty since split of aquatics department. We currently pay $20.00/hour for instructors teaching lifeguarding. This job classification will save over $500/year in aquatics budget.
8. Additional Job Classifications for current part-time staff
Alek Jimenez – Sports and Recreation Manager $14.00/hour in 1014, 1017, 1018 (current sports and recreation assistant in 1014, 1017, 1018)
Nick Raubach – Lifeguard Instructor $14.00/hour
Kamen Rosado – Lifeguard Instructor $14.00/hour
Andrew Allen – Lifeguard Instructor $14.00/hour
Sarah Knowles – Lifeguard Instructor $14.00/hour
Hayden Gunther – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour (current Lead Lifeguard)
Isaacc Shaw – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour (current Lifeguard)
Halli Bolin – Swim Instructor $20.00/hour (current Lifeguard)
Ciarra Duke – Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Café Attendant $9.00/hour
Levi Hamlin – Swim Instructor $20/hour (current Lifeguard)
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
9. Council approval to hire Kyle McDonald as a part-time janitor at $9.00 per hour.
10. Council approval to change the status of Jeffrey K. Bird from a part-time employee to the full-time position of Administrative Assistant at the Pavilion for $13.00 per hour.
11. Council approval of two new job descriptions, which will more clearly identify current maintenance duties and added responsibilities of each new job description.
12. Council approval of David Wade to the position of Logistics Liaison at a pay rate of $15.62 per hour, which reflects a $2.00 per hour increase due to additional job responsibilities.
13. Council approval of Charles Jarvis to the position of Venue Coordinator at a pay rate of $14.60, which reflects a $2.00 per hour increase due to additional job responsibilities.
14. ORDINANCE 3473 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Professional Services Agreement for the Establishment and Administration of the Marion Little Tractor Tax Increment Financing District by and between the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois and Jacob & Klein, LTD. and The Economic Development Group, LTD.
15. ORDINANCE 3474 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Professional Services Agreement for the Establishment and Administration of the Marion North Commercial Tax Increment Financing District by and between the City of Marion, Williamson Couunty, Illinois and Jacob & Klein, LTD. and The Economic Development Group, LTD.
16. RESOLUTION 2018-22 – Resolution approving an Inducement Agreement – Haven by the Hill, LLC.
17. RESOLUTION 2018-23 – Resolution approving an Inducement Agreement – Jeffrey M. Castellano.
18. Council approval of Change Order – Halfway Road / Westminister Dr. Improvements
Change to Contract Price – increase of $21,011.11.
New Contract price including the above increase – $2,052,238.34
19. ORDINANCE 3475 – Ordinance amending Ordinance 3393 – SECTION 18 A. Amending the age of an employee to 19 years of age or older, who is serving alcohol at an establishment serving food.
20. DISCUSSION -Council discussion of all Secondary Employment with Police Department.
Trick or Treating in the City of Marion will be Halloween night, Wednesday October 31st from 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. for children 12 years of age and younger.
East Main Street at Gray Street will be closed Wednesday Morning October 24th at 7:00 A.M. to Wednesday October 31st at 5:00 P.M. for Railroad Crossing Construction.