CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: November 27, 2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
__X__ PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 11/13/2017 & 11/17/2017
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
__ _ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. Resolution 2017-19 Resolution of Commitment of Local Funds for Local Roadway Improvements.
2. Resolution 2017-20 Resolution authorizing payment to U.S. Bancorp of for Lease Agreement approved August 28, 2017.
3. Council approval of final payment of $10,000.00 to Trucraft Door and Woodworks for final payment of Goddard Chapel doors replacement and refinishing.
4. MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
Council Approval to purchase light board from BMI Supply – QUOTE $13,833.28.
Funds coming from Donation from Paradise Alley Players.
5. HUB RECREATION CENTER
a. New Part-time Hire Recommendations
Parker Barden – Part-time Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Steven Thompson – Part-time Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Hallie Ragain – Part-time Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Miki Parks – Part-time Café $9.00/hour & Part-time Membership $9.00/hour & Part-time Child watch $9.00/hour & Part-time Camp Counselor $9.00/hr.
HUB RECREATION CENTER CONTINUED
b. Job Classification Additions
MacKenzie Homoya – Part-time Café $9.00/hour (current part-time front desk)
Katelyn O’Neal – Part-time Child watch $9.00/hour & Part-time Camp Counselor $9.00/hour (current Membership & Café)
c. New Position Creation
Swim Coach – $20.00/hour – Part-time position as budgeted for Swim Team within Aquatics Department
-Melise Oakley (Current Swim Instructor and Group Exercise Instructor)
-Tyler Underwood (Current Swim Instructor & Lifeguard)
-Kamen Rosado (Current Swim Instructor & Lifeguard)
-Jessica Pemberton (Current Swim Instructor & Lifeguard)
-Martin Jennings (Current Swim Instructor, Group Exercise Instructor, Personal Trainer)
6. SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER
Council Approval to replace rooftop heat exchanger at a cost not to exceed $9,500.00.
7. Resolution 2017-21 – Approval of proposed Third amendment to the Marion Heights II TIF District Redevelopment Project.
8. Ordinance 3411 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Professional Services Agreement for the Third Amendment to the Marion Heights II TIF by and between the City of Marion and Jacob & Klein, Ltd. and The Economic Development Group, Ltd.
9. Council approval of entry into an agreement for the acquisition of real property from Lance Travis for road construction purposes.
10. Council consideration – Contract – City Administrator.
11. Council approval of Regular Council Meeting Dates for Year 2018.