CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: September 11, 2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 08/28/2017 and Special Meeting 08/31/2017
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
___X_ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. Council approval for Jeff Schuppel, of Bridgeport Partners, to proceed with refunding outstanding general obligation bonds Series 2008 – discussion and authorization to proceed with refunding and sending out call notice to bond holders.
2. ORDINANCE 3402 – Ordinance amending Water Tap fees.
3. Council approval of bids for Madison Street Sewer Extension.
4. Council Approval of $10,000.00 Downtown Restoration Loan to Melise’s Boutique, Melise Oakley, 928 W. Main Street.
5. Council Approval of $10,000.00 Downtown Restoration Loan to Pookie’s, Inc. Dan Tondini,111 N. Madison Street, pending meeting of Downtown Restoration Loan Committee’s recommendation to approve Downtown Restoration Loan to Pookie’s Inc. (Loan Committee Meeting to be held Monday September 11, 2017 4:00 P.M.)
6. Council approval to pay $11,500.00 or one/half of total $23,000.00 as down payment to Covenant Manufacturing for restoration of the Goddard Chapel church pews (22 pews total).
7. CODE ENFORCEMENT
a. Request for the Variance at 1301 E. DeYoung St., Marion, IL for a business sign to be located at the corner of Radcliffe St and E. DeYoung Street
b. Request for variance for fence at 902 W. Boulevard to place fence fifteen (15) feet north of the southeast property corner instead of the full thirty (30) feet.
c. Council approval of Enrico “Chico” Castellano’s resignation from the Zoning Board Committee effective September 8, 2017.
d. Council approval of Doug Patton to fill the Zoning Board Committee position created by the resignation of Enrico “Chico” Castellano.
8. HUB RECREATION CENTER
a. Council Approval of Part-Time Hire Recommendation for Hub Recreation Center
Larrisa Bond – Part-time Fitness Attendant at $9.00 per hour.
9. Council approval of Agreement for Contract for Services with Lifeline Emergency Medical Response Services Corporation (Lifeline Ambulance Service) for a period of twelve (12) months.
10. Council approval of appointment of Anthony Franks to Boyton Street Community Center Board.