CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: November 26, 2018
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 11/13/2018 and Continued Meeting 11/19/2018.
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
A. Ordinance 3476 – Council approval of an Ordinance amending Ordinance #1148 Zoning Ordinance – Parking Lot Standards – Surfacing.
1. Council approval of Holly Newlin as a part-time dispatcher at $20.66 to replace Nick Bowns who has moved to full-time dispatcher.
2. Council approval for White and Borgognoni Architects to prepare architectural drawings for an addition to the Marion Fire Station on the south side of the existing building.
3. Council approval to purchase up to 700 tons of salt at $59.20 a ton in quantities as needed from Cargill. (Budgeted item)
HUB RECREATION CENTER
4. Council approval to hire the following new Part-Time Employees:
Austin Scola – Lead Lifeguard $12.00/hour, Swim Instructor $20.00/hour
Malcom Berry II – Basketball Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football Staff $9.00/hour, Flag Football Staff $9.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $9.00/hour
SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER
5. Council Approval to increase hourly pay rate of Margaret Walls to $10.50 per hour, retroactive to November 27, 2018.
6. ORDINANCE NO. 3477 – Ordinance authorizing the Establishment of a Tax Increment Financing “Interested Parties Registry” and Adoption of Registration Rules for such Registry for the Proposed Marion North commercial Tax Increment Financing TIF District.
7. ORDINANCE NO 3478 – Ordinance to establish a date for a public hearing for the Proposed Marion North Commercial Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District.
8. ORDINANCE NO. 3479 – Ordinance authorizing the Establishment of a Tax Increment Financing “Interested Parties Registry” and Adoption of registration Rules for such Registry for the Proposed Marion Little Tractor Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District.
9. ORDINANCE NO. 3480 –Ordinance to establish a date for a public hearing for the Proposed Marion Little Tractor Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District.
10. ORDINANCE NO. 3481 – Ordinance approving and authorizing the Execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement and between the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois and Woodland Rental Properties, LLC.
11. ORDINANCE NO. 3482 – Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a First Amendment to the Tax Increment financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois and DLH of Marion, LLC and David Heal and Lynne Heal.
12. Council Approval to extend Consulting Services Agreement with Governmental Consulting Solutions for two years to be effective as of December 1, 2018 and continue in full force and effect through November 30, 2020.
COUNCIL MEETING 2019 DATES
13. Council approval of Regular Council Meeting Dates for 2019.