CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: November 13, 2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 10/23/2017 & Special Meeting 11/06/2017
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
___X_ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. Council approval of Property tax projection for 2017 Tax Levy.
2. SEWER DEPARTMENT
a. Council approval to reline approximately 120 feet of a 14 inch aeration line at South Aeration Basin at an estimated cost of $17,500 to Skuta Construction, Inc. Original line is leaking and filling with water, making the tank unusable. (Budgeted item)
b. Update on Sewer Department GIS.
3. STREET DEPARTMENT
a. Council approval of low bid on insulating of B-2 building at Street Department.
b . Council Approval of preemption controls on traffic signals (Pd from remainder of earlier approved TIF fund)
4. BOYTON STREET COMMUNITY CENTER
a. Council approval of job description – After School Program Coordinator
b. Council approval of compensation and benefits for After School Program Coordinator.
5. CODE ENFORCEMENT
a. Request for five foot side yard setback variance on the east side of property at 701 E. Boulevard.
6. HUB RECREATION CENTER
a. Part-Time Hire Recommendations
Ray Cagle – Part-time Basketball Instructor $20.00/hr
Katelyn O’Neal – Part-time Front Desk $9.00/hr & Part-time Café $9.00/hr
Clay Walker – Full-time Maintenance (Janitor) $8.50/hr
b. Job Classfication Additions
Tyler Oakley – Café $9.00/hr (Current Front Desk Attendant)
Nichole Fisher – Café $9.00/hr (Current Front Desk Attendant)
LeeAnn Jones – Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hr & Café $9.00/hr (Current Lifeguard and Swim Instructor)
c.SISVBC – Southern Illinois Select Volleyball Club
Approval of budgeted uniform purchase in amount of $7,000.00 or less
(Projected net revenue of SISVBC – $5450.00)
7. Ordinance No. 3408 – An Ordinance to establish a date for a Public Hearing for the Second Amendment to Tax Increment Financing District V.
8. Ordinance No. 3409 – An Ordinance to establish a date for a Public Hearing for the First Amendment to the Marion Hill View TIF District.
9. Council Approval of Employee Health Insurance Company and Rates.
10. Council approval of Retiree Health Insurance and Rates.
11. Council approval of purchase of property – Carbon and Morgan Avenue intersection.