CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, 6:30 P.M. DATE: March 25, 2019
Ordinance – 3512
X REGULAR MEETING 6:30 p.m.
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 3/11/2019 and Special Meeting 03/19/2019 and Continued Special Meeting 3/20/2019.
X EXECUTIVE MEETING – Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X EXECUTIVE MINUTES
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
Sister City Visitors from Kanie Town
1. Council discuss International Residential Code.
2. Council discuss International Property Maintenance Code.
MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
3. Council approval of part-time contractual security person for Library.
MARION FIRE STATION
4. Council discuss/approve bids for General Contractor for the Apparatus Bay Addition to the Marion Fire Station.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
5. Council discuss/approve contract for legal services for litigation on the Hub Recreation Center.
1. Council approval for Public Works to purchase Trimble survey equipment (GIS)
Cost – $29,382.91. Sewer, Street and Water Departments.
2. Council approval of the retirement of Jeff Pickens as Lead Man from the
Street Department effective the 26th day of April 2019.
3. Council discuss/approve purchase a ¾ ton Ford pickup for Paint Department (2018-
2019 Budget) $33,419.00 – Purchased from Ford Square, Mt. Vernon.
4. Council discuss/approve completing design for Westminster Road from Fosse Road to Carbon Street.
5. Council discuss/approve Engineering Agreement for waterline replacement – Westminster Road.
6. Council approval of D.J. Stewart’s retirement from the County ETSB Board.
7. Council approval to appoint Ashley Olson to fill unexpired term of D.J. Stewart on the County ETSB Board.
8. Council discuss /approve bids for sale of the following properties.
1. 108 N. Buchanan 07-18-369-003
2. 1003 W. Goodall St. 06-13-408-002
3. 416 E. Jefferson St. 07-18-384-013
4. 1301 N. Van Buren St. 06-13-228-008
9. MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
Council approval of hiring Kiley Jo Adams as Coordinator of Business Services at $15.00 per hour.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
10. Full-time Employee Recommendation
Chelsey Greenwood – Sports and Recreation Coordinator at exempt salary of $38,000/year, effective March 27, 2019
11. New Employee Recommendations – Part-time Employee
Jack Graham – Lifeguard $9.50/hour
Autumn Long – Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Café Attendant $9.00/hour, Childwatch Attendant $9.00
Keaton Rosado – Lifeguard $9.50/hour, Swim Instructor $20.00/hour
Tori Gusewelle – Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour, Personal Trainer $30.00/hour
12. Council notification of first quarter employment separations and hires
FOR INFORMATION ONLY – No action needed.
Hires: 18 (including 3/25/19 approvals)
Separations: 12 (through 3/21/19 – listed below)
Abigail Moore (Front Desk Attendant & Others) 12/31/18
Tania Coffel (Fitness Instructor) – 1/3/19
Madison Shoukeltovich (Camp Counselor) – 1/7/19
Madison McGuire (Camp Counselor) – 1/8/19
Alexis Rhinesmith (Camp Counselor) – 1/17/19
Ray Cagle (Sports & Recreation Coordinator) – 2/2/19
Josh Bernstein (Fitness, Maintenance-IMRF Benefit) – 2/3/19
Bryan Waldrop (Fitness, Sports, Aquatics) – 3/8/19
Carson Neushwander (Security) – 3/8/19
Jennifer Rodrigues (Fitness) – 3/11/19
Elijah Killman (Sports) – 3/18/19
Rachel Herring (Fitness) – 3/18/19
13. SENIOR CITIZENS
a. Council discuss/ approve new hire – Amy Swan as a full-time Dietary Aide at Marion Senior Citizens Center at $12.00 /hour.
b. Council discuss/approve new hire – Nicholas Clark as a full-time Custodian at Marion Senior citizens Center at $12.00 /hour.
AMEREN CONTINUATION AGREEMENT
14. Ordinance 3503 An Ordinance renewing an existing Franchise and Granting for a period of 20 years to Ameren Illinois, a Corporation, its Successors and Assigns, the Franchise, Right, Permissions and Authority to construct, reconstruct, excavate for, place, remove extend, maintain and operate an Electric Utility System in the City of Marion, County of Williamson and State of Illinois.
15. Council discuss/approve Collective Bargaining Agreement between City of Marion Public Works and Laborers Local Union 773 Public Works Contract (May 1, 2019 – April 30, 2022).
16. Ordinance 3504 – Ordinance to Establish a Date for a Public Hearing for the Proposed First Amendment to the Marion North Commercial TIF District.
17. Ordinance 3505 – Ordinance Authorizing the Establishment of a Tax Increment Financing “Interested Parties Registry” and Adoption of Registration rules for Such Registry for the Proposed Marion Highland Street TIF District.
18. Ordinance 3506 – Ordinance to Establish a Date for a Public Hearing for the Proposed Marion Highland Street TIF District.
ORDINANCES AUTHORIZING City of Marion to borrow funds from the Public Water Supply Loan Program
19. ORDINANCE 3507 Authorizing the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois to borrow funds from the Public Water Supply Loan Program to construct a new 500,000 gallon elevated water storage tank, replacing the existing high service pumps and building, constructing new 6” watermains and necessary appurtenances – in the principal amount of $2,580,000.00 to provide funds to pay the costs of the Project.
20. ORDINANCE 3508 Authorizing the City of Marion, Williamson County, Illinois to borrow funds from the Public Water Supply Loan Program removing all old coatings, repainting and repairing the existing elevated water storage tank located at the old water treatment plant to borrow funds from the public Water Supply Loan Program in the aggregate principal amount of $470,000.00 to provide funds to pay the costs of the Project.
RESOLUTIONS AUTHORIZING MAYOR TO SIGN ALL Public Water Supply Loan Application Documents.
21. Resolution 2019-10 Resolution authorizing Mayor Anthony L. Rinella to sign all loan application forms and documents for the Public Water Supply Loan Program.
22. Resolution 2019-11 Resolution authorizing Mayor Anthony L. Rinella to sign
Application forms and documents for the Public Water Supply Loan Program.
23. ORDINANCE 3509 Ordinance to Re-subdivide Morningside Phase 11 to replat.
24. Council approval of Non-Union Employee wages as presented at Budget Meeting.
25. Council approval of move LaDonna Smoot, Assistant Treasurer, to salaried personnel and adjust benefits.
26. Council approval to pay Lawler Brown – invoice dated ____in the amount of _______.
27. Council approval of potential Opioids litigation.
28. Resolution 2019-12 Resolution approving 2019 MFT
29. Ordinance 3510 – Ordinance approving and authorizing the Execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement. Marion self Storage, LLC. (The 700 Court Street Project)
30. Ordinance 3511 – Ordinance Approving and authorizing the Execution of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement. Marion Self Storage, LLC. (The 416-418 Court Street Project)
31. Resolution 2019-13 Resolution making that section of Reeves Street between Whitman Street and McLaren Street one way going east.
32. Council discussion of Amendment to Nuisance Ordinance.