CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: July 23, 2018
X REGULAR MEETING
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 7/09/2018
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
1. GREATER EGYPT REGIONAL PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
Approval of Agreement for CDBG Grant Consultation & other Professional Services 30,000.00. Payments to be requested periodically.
2. Council approval to select Scott McConnell as Collection Systems Lead Man to fill the position recently vacated by the retirement of Rick Herring.
3. Council approval to purchase a T595 T4 Bobcat Compact Track Loader
Total of Items Quoted $69,096.74
Trade-in -Bobcat with bucket – 5,000.00
Discount (Municipal Discount) -22,372.42
4. Council approval to receive a Grant from Department of Homeland Security called Assistance to Firefighters Grant in the amount of $55,429.00 with a cost-match condition of 5% or $2,771.00 of non-Federal funds. Grant funds to be used to purchase exhaust system for truck bays.
5. Council approval to hire 2 Part-Time Dispatchers at the rate of $20.66 per hour.
6. Council approval of bids for the construction of the following: PCC pavement Special, Storm sewers and inlets, earth excavation and signalization of the intersection of W. Main & Halfway Road.
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
7. Council approval of resignation of Dustin Meyers as Production Specialist from the Marion Cultural and Civic Center as of August 1, 2018.
8. Council approval of Ryan Melvin as a Part-time Janitor at $9.00 per hour.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
9. Council approval of new Job Classification
Silver Sneakers Instructor $18.00 per hour.
10. Council approval of Part-Time Employee Recommendation
Tania Coffel – Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour, Silver Sneakers Instructor $18.00 /hour, Group Aquatic Fitness Instrctior (1008) – $20.00/hour.
Aaron Maragni – Fitness Attendant $9.00/hour.
11. Council approval of Additional Job Classification
Bethany Pickens – Tackle Football Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Flag Football Sports Staff
$9.00/hour (Current Camp Counselor)
Micaela Allred – Tackle Football Sports Staff $9.00/hour, Flag Football Staff
12. Council approval of salary position for Cindy Hunt with pay as discussed in Executive Session July 9, 2018.
13. Discuss/Approve tax-incentive Taylor Motor Company
14. Ordinance # 3458 – An Ordinance providing for the regulation of and application for small wireless facilities.
15. Council approval to donate $250.00 to the Men of Ghent’s Back to School Bash to be held in Jones Park August 11th.
16. Council approval to have CJD E-Cycling hold an electronics recycling day at City of Marion Training Center, 211 E. Boulevard October 13. 2018.