CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: February 26, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
__X__ ROLL CALL
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 02/12/2018
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
__ _ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
A. Council approval to purchase chemicals for odor-corrosion and nutrient
Evoqua – Full service odor control pricing for 2018 in effect through 01/31/2019.
Bioxide – $2.94 per gallon delivered in bulk.
Odophos Plus – $2.30 per gallon delivered in bulk.
This item was approved at the February 12, 2018 Regular Meeting but for the incorrect price
of $35,838.28. Prices are to be approved at the per gallon prices to be purchased in bulk by the gallon.
1. Sewer repair to repair broken sewer lines on Castellano Drive from manhole to manhole. Estimated cost – $5,600.00.
2. Council approval of Jeremy Norris, new hire – Laborer position, benefits and rate of pay as per Local Laborers Union 773 Contract dated May 2015 – April 2019. Start date 02/27/2018 if approved.
3. Council discussion of Goddard Chapel wall and window restorations.
4a. Council approval to have estimate of architectural proposal for Fire Department addition prepared.
4b. Council approval to advertise property on E. Main Street for sale.
5a. Council approval to repair and rebuild main pump on vactor truck for storm drainage maintenance – cost $9,415.00.
5b. Council approval to purchase replacement engine for Caterpillar 307 track hoe engine. Engine is past rebuilding. Cost $9,305.00
5c. Council approval to purchase road and parking lot paint and beads. Buying in bulk to save in price, $21,000.00.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
6a. New Employee Recommendations – Part-time Employee
Lori Shelly – Group Aquatic Instructor $20.00 /hour.
Brandon Lynn – Front Desk Attendant $9.00/hour, Café Attendant $9.00/hour, Fitness Attendant $9.00/hour, Basketball Sports and Rec. Staff $8.50/hour.
6b. Council approval of White & Borgognoni Architects bidding of the Hub Recreation Center building envelope repairs
7a. Ordinance 3429 – Amending Ordinance No. 2343 for adoption of the International Building Code.
7b. Council approval to advertise properties for sale by bid with minimum bids listed for each property. City retains the right to refuse any and all bids.
8. Approval to hire Carletta Hanks as Clerical substitute part-time at $11.00
MARION CULTURAL AND CIVIC CENTER
9a. Council approval to hire Russell McCann for full-time Custodian at $9.50 per hour with a 90 days probation period, then increase to $12.50 per hour to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of J.W. Eibeck.
9b. Council approval to hire the two following individuals as Part-time Custodial at $9.00 per hour.
MARION TRANSFER STATION
10. Council accept proposals for managing the Marion Transfer Station
a. Council hear presentation from Bulldog Inc.
b. Council hear presentation from Republic Services.
11. Council approval of Invoice from Ice-Miller for Review of Health Benefit Package.
Total of Invoice – $6,453.00.
12. Ordinance NO. 3430 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the Execution of a First Amendment to the TIF Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Marion Self Storage, LLC. (Lee Webb).
REAL ESTATE CONTRACT
13. Council approval of Right of Way property proposal at Carbon and Main Streets.