CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: August 13, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING
X PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
X ROLL CALL
X MINUTES – Regular Meeting 7/23/2018 and Continued Meeting July 24, 2018.
X EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
X APPROVE BILLS
X CONSENT AGENDA
X PUBLIC COMMENTS
X COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
Council recognition of local restaurant owner, Thanet Natisri for his work in helping to save the lives of the 12 trapped Soccer players their Coach in the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Thailand.
A. An Ordinance accepting a subdivision platted as “Marion Business Park Phase I Subdivision” to the City of Marion. Maribeth Whitsell, as agent for the James Reichert Family Limited Partnership.
B. Council discussion/approval of Tax-Incentive for Taylor Motor Company.
1. Council approval of Payment of $17,500.00 to IEPA for Annual NPDES Fee July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2018
2. Council approval to hire the following individuals as Part-time Dispatchers at $20.66 per hour.
a. Hunter Abate-Barrett
b. Dylon S. Richardson
3. Council approval of Police and Fire Merit Board’s selection of the following two individuals as Patrol Officers.
a. Charles (Chuck) Welge as a patrol officer to replace Officer Stearns – who was selected as the School Resource Officer.
b. Jerod Gott as a patrol officer with employment effective upon the resignation of Logan Spinka.
4. Council approval of change of language in Police and Fire Merit Board Rules and Regulations.
5. Council approval of purchase and payment of 85 Adjusting Rings (Manhole risers for the 2018 HMA Overlay Program (MFT Fund) $8,500
HUB RECREATION CENTER
6. Council approval of Part-Time Employee Recommendations
Jaci Crain-Group Fitness Instrctor $15.00/hour.
Emily Stroud-Swim Coach $25.00/hour and Swim Instructor $20.00/hour.
7. Council approval of Additional Job Classification
Jacob Schmid-Flag Football Staff $9.00 /hour, Tackle Football Staff $9.00/hour.
Sarah Knowles-Silver Sneakers Instructor $18.00/hour.
Bryon Waldrop-Group Exercise Instructor $15.00/hour, Swim Coach $20.00 /hour, Backetball Instructor $15.00/hour.
Alex Weinhold-Lead Lifeguard $12.00/hour.
Hayden Gunther – Silver Sneakers Instructor $18.00 /hour.
8. Council discussion/approval of Revised Job Description – Customer Service Coordinator
9. Council approval to advertise for bids for demolition on the following property:
907 E. Beech Street. PIN# 07-18-468-001.
MARION CARNEGIE LIBRARY
10. Council approval of resignation of Alexis Wagner, part-time Library Assistant (shelver), effective July 26, 2018.
11. Council approval to pay invoice from Williamson County – $9,000.00. (2018 Orthos – Aerial Maps)
12. Ordinance 3459 – Ordinance stating all City of Marion construction projects contracts shall include and be subject to the Project Labor Agreement agreed to by the City of Marion and the Egyptian Building and Construction Trades Council.
13. Ordinance 3460 – Ordinance annexing property at 1900 Norman Road into the City of Marion. Property owned by Jessica Force.
14. Ordinance 3463- Ordinance rezoning property at 1900 Norman Road from Rural Agriculture to R-1 Single Family Residential. Property owned by Jessica Force.
15. Ordinance 3461 – Ordinance vacating that part of South Buchanan Street which lies between Blocks 12 & 13.
16. Ordinance 3462 – Ordinance vacating North Hill Subdivision, Gary McGee, and Michael and Debbie Winkler.
17. Council approval of renewal of Master Services Agreement with Clearwave Communications for four (4) years.
DOWNTOWN RESTORATION LOAN
18. Council approval of Downtown Restoration Loan to Kevin Tondini for the purpose of signage for the new Tower Square Pizza Restaurant located at 100 Tower Square Plaza (Old City Hall Building). Amount of loan $10,000.00 – with re-payment of one-half of the funds amortized monthly over five years with interest at the rate of 3% per annum.
19. Council discussion/approval of a Real Estate purchase.
20. Council discussion/approval of a $5,000.00 donation to Marion Mainstreet to help fund their annual Hubfest which is scheduled for September 22nd on the Square in downtown Marion.
21. Council approval of contract with Liqi-Tube
22. Council approval of Building Improvement/construction estimate for City Hall entrance corridor to be paid from TIF funds
23. Council approval of payment to Clarida-Ziegler Engineering of $5,000.00 to update the City’s Zoning map.
24. Council approval of renovation/construction estimate for Water/Sewer Office to paid for from Water/Sewer funds.
MARION CULTURAL & CIVIC CENTER
25. Council approval of Lighting Designer Job Description
26. Council approval of hiring Fernando Emmanuel Castillo for the full time position of Lighting Designer to replace Dustin Myers. Pay rate $15.00 per hour.
27. Council approval of Dustin Myers as a part-time employee at $9.00 per hour.