AGENDA FOR 8 July 2019 Marion City Council meeting
Marion City Hall at 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) New Part-time Employee Recommendations – for existing positions
Kevin Burgess – Janitor $9.00/hour
Marianne Cousin – Janitor $9.00/hour
Douglas Jones – Janitor $9.00/hour
Ryan Holland – Aquatics/Lifeguard $9.50/hour
2) Acceptance of resignation of full-time maintenance employee Jon Neville, effective
- CIVIC CENTER
1) New Part-time Employee Recommendations – for existing position
Ethan Anderson – Custodial $9.00/hour
1) Full-time Employee Change in Status
Jessica Intravaia – change to Billing Clerk $20.54/hour
- JACOB & KLEIN, LTD.
1) Professional Fee for the establishment of the Highland Street TIF District $7,500.00
2) Professional Fee for the amending of North Commercial TIF $5,000.00
- THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GROUP, LTD.
1) Professional Fee for establishment of the Highland Street TIF District $9,083.31
2) Professional Fee for the amending of the North Commercial TIF $6,419.50
- GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Consulting Services August 2019 $3,000.00
1) Council approval of Minutes from Regular Council Meeting 06/24/2019.
2) Council approval of Minutes from Special Meeting 07/01/2019.
- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Presentation of plaque to Retired Chief Dawn Tondini in appreciation for over 26 years of service to the City of Marion.
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- Discuss/approve bids for demolition of property at 604 S Holland Street, parcel number 06-24-240-010.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND MUNICIPAL PLANNING
- Discuss/approve agreement between the eight Williamson County entities and Greater Egypt
Regional Planning and Development Commission for the completion of an application for
New Designation for the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program for 2021.
- 8. FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Discuss/approve Evrard-Strang Construction Pay Application #3 for $77,091.99 for Apparatus Bay Addition to Fire Station.
- SEWER DEPARTMENT
- Discuss/approve purchasing new carbon media for the Purafil odor control system for $8,119.38.
- Discuss/approve SCADA system upgrade at a total cost of $54,873.00.
- TREASURER’S OFFICE
- Ordinance 3547 – providing for the issuance of taxable general obligation refunding bonds
(Marion Heights TIF/Stadium Project), series 2019, providing the details of such bonds and
for a levy of taxes to pay the principal of and interest on such bonds and for certain revenue
sources to pay and secure the principal of and interest on such bonds, and related matters.
- Approve for Mayor Absher to sign Final Term sheet with U.S. Bank.
- CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11), 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5), 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6), 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)o
- MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT