CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: February 27,2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X___ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 02/13/2017 and Special Meeting 02/03/16
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X__ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
____ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
A. Council approval to rescind the motions to approve the following 2 items that were approved for the Refuge Lift Station at the February 13, 2017 Regular Meeting.
1) a bid for the ABS/Sulzer pump for the Refuge Lift Station Pump at $7,419.85.
2) a bid to rebuild the old Refuge Lift Station Pump at $4,366.37.
B. City Attorney Steve Green will write an Easement Agreement between Joe Hale and City of Marion for a thirty (30) foot wide access road on Joe Hale’s property adjacent to the Fire Station, from N. Court Street to a point 183 feet west.
1. Council approval and acceptance of Bar Screen and Odor Control Project Bid.
2. Council Approval of the Labor Agreement between the Illinois FOP Labor Council and The City of Marion for the period of May 1, 2015 – April 30, 2019.
3. Council approval to authorize Clarida-Ziegler to design and advertise for bids for the reconstruction of South Market Street project including all necessary street, sewer and water items.
4. Council approval of bid to demolish house at 1311 Ritchey Drive, Lot to be cleared of brush/trees and leveled off with all debris hauled to an EPA approved landfill.
5. Senior Citizens
a. Council approval of Earline Hendry as the ninth member of the Senior Council.
b. Council approval of the resignation of Assistant Director of the Marion Senior Citizens, Vicki A. Hayes.
6. Hub Recreation Center
a. Hire Recommendations
Samantha Moore – part-time Lifeguard @$9.50/hr.
Scarlett De Rousse – part-time Lifeguard @$9.50/hr.
Austin Gryzmala – part-time Lifeguard @$9.50/hr.
Phillip Kimbrough – part-time Wellness Attendant @$9.00/hr.
Eddie Hungate – part-time Wellness Attendant @$9.00/hr. & Part-time Sports and Rec @$8.50/hr.
Alek Jimenez – part-time Sports & Rec (gym attendant) @$8.50/hr., part-time Camp Counselor @$8.50/hr.
7. Ordinance 3369 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a First Amendment to the tax increment financing (TIF) District Redevelopment Agreement between the City of Marion and Meyer Oil Co. and Mach 1 Investments, LLC.
8. Ordinance 3370 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of a Professional Services Agreement for Assistance with seeking a Legislative Extension of Marion Tax Increment Financing District VIII by and between Jacob & Klein, LTD and The Economic Development Group, LTD and the City of Marion.
9. Ordinance 3371 An Ordinance providing for and approving the 2017 Amendment to the Marion TIF District I Redevelopment Project Area, Plan & Projects.
10. Council approve a process of obtaining interested developers for Old City Hall.