CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M. DATE: April 23, 2018
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
__X___ PUBLIC HEARING 6:00 P.M. for discussing Marion Budget Ordinance for fiscal year
beginning May 1, 2018 and ending April 30, 2019.
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
__X__ ROLL CALL
___X__ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 04/09/2018, Public Hearing Minutes 04/09/2018 – 1) 5:30
P.M., 2) 6:00 P.M. and 3) 6:15 P.M.
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X_ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
__ _ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
1. Ordinance 3443 – Ordinance approving the City of Marion Budget Ordinance for the Fiscal Year May 01, 2018 – April 30, 2019.
2. Resolution # 2018-13 A Resolution Authorizing Revision of the Annual Budget 2017-2018 as shown by Exhibit “A”.
3. Council approval to hire Douglas Kiem as a Land Acquisition Agent at $45.00 an hour plus mileage, on an as needed basis to work in conjunction with Clarida and Ziegler Engineering in acquiring Right of Way for the City of Marion.
4. Council approval to hire Hunter Odum as a Part-time Sewer employee to start May 7, 2018, pay rate $13.00 per hour.
5. Council approval of Clarida & Ziegler Engineering Agreement for North Market St. Sewer Replacement.
6. Council approval of bids for Precision Land Holdings Sewer Extension
7. Council approval to hire Ridge Cozart as a Part-time Cemetery employee to start April 24, 2018. Pay rate $13.00 per hour.
8. Council approval to re-appoint both Terance Henry and Tammy Beasley to the Fire Pension Board for three-year terms expiring May 11, 2021.
9. a. Council approval to re-appoint Walter Dodge to the Police Pension Board for a two-year term expiring May 12, 2020.
b.Council discussion/approval to Sponsor a table for 8 for $1,000.00 for the Law Enforcement Gala, June 9, 2018 to be held at the Pavilion.
10. Council approval of Bids for Demolition of the following properties:
1. 204 S. Bentley – Parcel # 06-24-126-016.
2. 726 N. Harper Street – Parcel # 07-18-305-001.
3. Parcel # 06-24-240-010.
HUB RECREATION CENTER
11. a. New Employee Recommendations – Part-time Employee
Heather Bruce – Group Fitness Instructor $15.00/hour.
b. Full-Time Employment Recommendation as budgeted for current benefit employee
Ashley Palmer – Front Desk Attendant $11.00/hour.
c. Additional Job Classifications
Jen Rodrigues – Basketball Instructor $15.00/hour (current group fitness instructor and personal trainer)
Brandon Lynn – Flag Football Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football Staff $9.00/hour
Emily Reed – Flag Football Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football Staff $9.00/hour
Michaela Barber – Flag Football Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football Staff $9.00/hour
Jasmine Porter – Flag Football Staff $9.00/hour, Tackle Football Staff $9.00/hour
d.Pay Adjustments for Job Classification Equalization
Custodian in Maintenance Department – from $8.50/hour to $9.00/hour
Basketball Staff in Sports and Recreation Department – from $8.50/hour to $9.00/hour
Soccer Staff in Sports and Recreation Department – from $8.50/hour to $9.00/hour
Volleyball Staff in Sports and Recreation Department – from $8.50/hour to $9.00/hour
Flag Football Staff in Sports and Recreation Department – from $8.50/hour to $9.00/hour
Tackle Football Staff in Sports and Recreation Department – from $8.50/hour to $9.00/hour
Tennis Staff in Sports & Recreation Department – from $8.50/hour to $9.00/hr
e. Council approval of most responsible Bidder for repairs of the Hub
Recreation Center Envelope.
12. Ordinance 3444- An Ordinance Approving the Third Amendment to the Redevelopment Plan and Projects for the Marion Heights II Tax Increment Financing District.
13. Ordinance 3445 – An Ordinance Designating the Amended Redevelopment Project Area for the Third Amendment to the Marion Heights II Tax Increment Financing District.
14. Ordinance 3446 – An Ordinance Adopting Tax Increment Allocation Financing for the Third Amendment to the Marion Heights II Tax Increment Financing District.
15. Ordinance 3447 – An Ordinance Providing for and Approving the 2018 Amendment to the Marion Tax Increment Financing District I Redevelopment Project Area, Plan & Projects.
16. Council discussion/approval of donation to 2018 Marion Highschool Graduation Spree.
17. Council approval of expenditures of Safety Grant Funds for cameras at the Pavilion and at the Police Department.